Boston University (6-8-0, 5-7-0 HE) vs. No. 5 Yale University (6-0-0, 4-0-0 ECAC)
Friday, November 25 – 4:00 pm ET
Lifeguard Arena – Henderson, Nevada.
vs. No. 3 Minnesota or No. 12 Penn State
Saturday, November 26 – 4:7 pm ET
Dollar Loan Center – Henderson, Nevada.
The Boston University women’s hockey team will spend the weekend in Las Vegas to compete in the inaugural Henderson Collegiate Hockey Showcase along with No. 3 from Minnesota, No. 5 from Yale, and No. 12 from Pennsylvania on November 25-26.
The Terriers (6-8-0) will open Friday against Yale at 1:00 pm PT. The Bulldogs are the last undefeated team in the country with a score of 6-0-0.
- The Terriers enter the tournament with a season-best three-win streak, with all three victories coming against ranked teams.
- BU breaks away from the home swing of the then No. 12 UConn’s 2-1 away win was followed by a 5-2 home win on Saturday.
- Two terriers were awarded for their sweeping efforts as senior captain. Nadia Mattivi was named Hockey Defensive East of the Week and Brooke Disher was selected as the best rookie of the week in the Hockey East.
- Discher’s first student goal was the winner of Friday’s game, with Mattivi assisting before scoring in Saturday’s win.
- Older Julia Nearis ranks first among terriers in points (14) and goals (6) and shares with juniors Lacey Martin for the team lead in assists with eight.
- Nearis has scored at least one point in seven of his last nine games with 11 points (5g, 6a) during the span.
- Older Nadia Mattivi and junior Katherine Fulham each has eight points with three goals and five assists.
- Graduate student Andrea Brandley ranks fifth in the nation in shooting percentage (.944) and 14th in goals against average (1.87).
- BU has scored nine powerplays in their last nine games after zero in their first five.
- Yale opened its season with six straight wins, the last of which featured a weekend home draw when it was then No. 1. 11 Penn State 3-0 and 2-1 (no).
- The Bulldogs, who made their first appearance in the Cold Four last season, also picked up victories over Harvard, Dartmouth, Quinnipiac and Princeton.
- Anna Bargman and rookie Jordan Ray have so far led the offensive with four goals and four assists each.
- Vita Poniatovskaya (2d, 4a) and El Hartier (1d, 5a) added six points each.
- Sophomore Pia Ducaric, two-time ECAC Goaltender of the Week, has been incredible this season so far and currently leads the nation in both shot percentage (.969) and goal average (.82).
HISTORY OF THE BU-YALE SERIES
- BU posted a 5-2-1 record against the Bulldogs, including a perfect 4-0-0 record at the Walter Brown Arena.
- It’s been 14 years since the first ever meeting – Yale’s 4-1 victory in New Haven.
- Last season, BU lost en route to Yale 3-2 on December 8th.
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams on a neutral ground.
- The Terriers will face either Minnesota or Pennsylvania on Saturday (November 26) on the second day of the tournament.
- The repechage game will take place at 1:00 pm ET followed by the championship at 4:00 pm ET.