The WoW Dragonflight release update will delay the arrival of Mythic Plus as well as some of the weekly quests, so die-hard MMORPG fans can level up to level 70 without haste.
With WoW Dragonflight’s release date set for November 28th, eagle-eyed fans (or those with a calendar) may have noticed that it falls just in time for the game’s weekly weekly resets.
In turn, to save people the hassle of having to speed up to level 70, the new game level cap, Blizzard has decided to delay the activation of weekly quests and Mythic dungeons until November 29th.
An official forum post from WoW Community Manager Kayvax reads: “Due to the Dragon Isles unlock time (Monday, November 28 at 3:00 PM PST / 5:00 PM CST / 6:00 PM EST / 23:00 PM EDT/23:00 00 PST / 12:00 CET in that region) players will find themselves leveling up less than a day before the weekly reset.
“We have configured Dragonflight so that most of the weekly rewards do not appear until the first weekly reset,” they continue and conclude, “we want players to level up at their own pace without feeling like they are missing out on a week of rewards if they don’t reach Level 70 within a few hours of the expansion’s launch.”
The following instances will become available after maintenance on November 29th:
- mythical dungeons
- Dragonbane Keep from Siege on Dragonbane Keep (Epic quality)
- Greater Hunting Trophies (Uncommon, Rare, and Epic quality)
- Weekly quest “Public Holiday”
- Helping the Agreement Weekly Quests
- Weekly quest “Show your courage”
- Weekly quests for Waldrakken professions of any type
Additionally, all Fated Shadowlands content will no longer be available. Reduced the drop rate of Sylvanas and Jailer mounts in their respective raids by 100%, now only drops one set instead of two. Finally, the Great Vault is closed for business – yes folks, that’s it, WoW Shadowlands is really over.
Another thing to note is that the highly anticipated Vault of the Incarnates raid will be rolled out in four different phases:
- Week of December 12: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic modes of the Vault of the Incarnate will open with weekly maintenance for each region.
- Week of December 19: The first wing of the Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder opens.
- Week of January 2: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 2 opens
- Week of January 16: The third wing of the Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder opens.
You can read the full update notes here.
If you’re itching to dive into the mysterious world of the Dragon Isles, be sure to check out our WoW Dragonflight interview, where Blizzard promises this expansion will be an “authentic” Warcraft experience. Also, to prepare for what’s to come, check out our WoW Dragonflight tier list and a rundown of the best WoW add-ons to help you prepare.